May 7, 2011

1. Describe the importance of blogging to modern day journalism. Limit--one paragraph


With the way modern technology has progressed, the public is not looking to read thousands of words to get to the main point. They want something instant. They want the journalistic equivalent of fast food. While it hasn't ruined the traditional style of writing, blogging gives journalists an informal way to express their unbridled thoughts and opinions. It is for this reason that I am able to take joy in portraying my thoughts in a conversational style instead of coloring inside the lines of an outdated ideal.

2. If you are going to continue to blog, why? or why not?1 paragraph


If you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life. Amen. I will absolutely keep blogging for one all-important reason. I LIKE DOING THIS! Hopefully, I can cultivate this petty production into something people plan on reading every single day. And until then, I will keep blogging until I become important enough to listen to.
3. If you were going to keep blogging, how will you change your blog in the future? 1 paragraph


I would like to purchase a domain name and start a web site. For promotion purposes, the address for this site is hard to remember for someone that may not care in the first place. Also, having a website that you pay for shows a certain self-confidence. Running a free blog with predesigned templates could be seen as lazy or unprofessional. I want to appear as neither.




Thanks for everything, Dr. Clark. You are one of the few professors I have had that I won't completely ignore if I see you in public. Trust me, that's saying something. 

No comments: