March 7, 2011

Thunder Edge Out Suns in OT 122-118

I am not afraid of the Suns. If OKC had to play them in a 7 game series, they would need 5 at most. For some reason that I cannot single out, the games between the Thunder and Suns are close encounters. This time around, the reasons more obvious. 

KD started off ice cold. Unfortunately, his night didn't get any easier. He finished the night with 18 points on 14 shots. I have seen Durant have some off nights but shooting below 25% may be one of the worst shooting performances he has had this season. Luckily, a certain bearded man made sure KD's off night was easily forgotten.

When did James start believing that he could actually excel in this league? The guy has obviously raised his game to another level. I rarely see him hesitate to shoot or drive. The maturity in that department alone has really been of great benefit to his game. I like the way he handles contact from big men when he takes the ball to rim. He is becoming a more reliable finisher while not forcing anything. Well done oh bearded one.

Russell Westbrook also had an impressive game. If he was Derrick Rose, the MVP would already be decided. Bash me if you want haters but look at their numbers if you don't believe me.

Robin Lopez gets rejected when going for a dunk way too often given his height. Not like it matters. The only things people will remember Robin Lopez for is all of those Geico commercials and being Brook's brother. Oh no he didn't. Yes, I did.

Grant Hill is going to need some prayers. He has been infected with Sefaloshitis. The main symptom of this  traumatic disease is playing 30+ minutes without scoring a single point. It comes and goes and hopefully for the 3-time sportsman of the year, it leaves him soon.

I am really happy Presti didn't blow cap space for Marcin Gortat. His game has nearly no fluidity. From what I saw yesterday, he is/was not the answer for OKC.


Next up: @ Memphis Grizzlies, March 7th at 7 pm CT.

7 comments:

Mr.Farris said...

I dont know Taylor Gortat is one of the most underrated (Big Men)players in the game.

Chynna said...

i mean i hate sports kind of. except for goign to the thunder games. so i read yours just so i can sound like i know what im talking about.

@okieprof said...

Dear KOB,

I think you've found a voice for your passion.

Now take it to the next level.

Rachel said...

This made me feel like I knew these people personally...and I don't even watch sports. Good job with your kingly blog, and stuff. It's not obnoxious.

codybrom said...

This is why you're the KOB.

Lyss said...

I don't care about basketball at all but I figured I'd come see why you are the KOB.

Brandon Brown said...

You can the Magic for an OKC win if the Thunder play Phoenix in a playoff series. Vince Carter couldn't help a team win in the postseason when he was an all-star, and the Suns have no chance with his corpse in the starting lineup. We ripped the Suns off in that deal.

I do miss Gortat, the Polish Hammer, in an Orland uniform, though.