March 8, 2011

Grizzlies Beat Thunder In Memphis 107-101

What is the deal? Why does Memphis play so well against Oklahoma City? Why does Tony Allen's 7.8 points per game skyrocket? I just don't get it. Ultimately, it didn't really matter. If you need an excuse for this Thunder loss, I have extras. Second game of a back-to-back, road game, Memphis' record at home against teams coming off of a game the night before, etc. I figured that we were either going to lose against Phoenix or at Memphis. Considering the way things played out, I would rather win at home than on the road so that's nice.

A few positives from the game:

  • I'm glad I didn't have to sit through another Jeff Green annihilation. Serge Ibaka held Randolph to 17 points and 6 rebounds. A nice change from the 30 point 18 rebound performances I have seen in the past.
  • James Harden continues to play well. He is really learning how to use his body in the lane. I really like the progress he is made and hope he continues on this little hot streak he has going on.
  • Russell had a positive game for the most part. His turnovers seem a lot more problematic when they almost equal his assist total. 27 points on 11-21 shouldn't go without praise though.

Now for the negatives:
  • Memphis had more assists, rebounds, steals, blocks, fast-break points, and points in the paint. Combine that with less turnovers and fouls and you have a team that deserved to win this game. They simply outplayed the Thunder in nearly every aspect.
  • I know I have touched on it once already but Tony Allen can't be allowed to go off on us anymore. 
  • Mike Conley has joined Jeff Foster of players that I hate for no good reason.
  • Not only was Durant struggling to get going offensively, he hoisted 10 attempts from beyond the arc. For a guy averaging 34% on the season, that is not acceptable. 
If the Thunder were to win this one, they could have had a nice little win streak develop with some super soft nancies coming up this week. I guess a new streak will have to begin. 


Next up: @ Philadelphia 76ers, March 9th at 6 pm CT.

2 comments:

Chantal R. said...

I love your blog. But then again, I love the Thunder.
I agree with Elizabeth, I like how you point out the positives and negatives of the game.

Megan said...

Agreeing with everyone else. Very cool idea to list positives and negatives.