March 4, 2011

Thunder Clip Hawks, Win On The Road 111-104

I'll be the first one to admit, I thought Kevin Durant was going to sit this one out. I would have bet a body part on that. That's how sure I was. Instead, he led OKC in minutes played whilst (yeah, that's right) crafting an efficient offensive performance that Thunder fans like myself have taken for granted after 3 years of such spoils. Guess the ankle is feeling semi-decent. Also, if he keeps shooting 3's like that, I'll be fine with him landing on some one's foot every game. Don't get up, that knocking is me hoping I didn't just Steve Bartman the league's defending scoring champion.

I don't remember Joe Johnson being that strong, but he was really physical with Thabo down low. I also didn't think Kirk Hinrich was capable of scoring 21. 

Russell ended up with an impressive line. So he got another technical foul. While I thought he was just showing some passion, the ref saw it as aiding and abetting the enthusiasm of the moment. He seemed more aggressive to disrupt the passing lanes also, pilfering the rock 4 times for the game. I like it but hope he doesn't focus on it too much. If so, the elite teams will use it against him. I'm snowballing off course. 
F-O-C-U-S.

Harden and Cook both struggled from long distance. I understand players have bad games but they need to get together and coordinate nights because having them both off really impacts the scoring off the bench. I guess that's part of the deal if KD is going to knock down 80% from 3 for the game.

Remember Etan Thomas? Yeah, me neither. Oh settle down I'm kidding. I'm happy to see him make an impact for another team. At the same time, I don't worry when seeing him come off the bench for a Thunder opponent. 


Next up: Phoenix Suns, March 6th at 6 pm CT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great work!

Michelle said...

I was surprised (and soo relieved) to see KD as well.