February 15, 2011

OKC Can't Hold Off Warriors

With the Thunder's narrow win the night before in Sacramento, I was hoping tired legs wouldn't not be my go-to excuse if they lost. Turns out, they did lose and tired legs is the only thing I can think of.

Kevin Durant was eh. Russell Westbrook was eh. Jeff Green was better, kinda. Basically, nobody really shined for OKC last night. That doesn't bode well when Monta Ellis, Stephen Curry, and David Lee all play like all-stars. They all showed what they do best. Ellis scored 33 points on 25 shots. Curry created opportunities for himself and his teammates scoring 23 points and dishing out 13 assists. Lee grabbed rebounds and converted the opportunities that he was given.

Reading those stat lines now makes me wonder how on earth OKC was still in the game throughout the 4th quarter. I thought the Thunder played a very average game. I guess it's a good thing when they can play a average game and still compete against a team playing very well. I am naive enough to think that strategy will work against the top teams in the West, but still.

I guess I just don't understand how +/- works. Dorrell Wright had the highest grade for the Warriors but wasn't even close to a force against the Thunder. Maybe I will look in to how that statistic is supposed to work.

Here is the box score courtesy of ESPN.

Next up: Sacramento Kings, February 15 at 7 pm CT.

1 comment:

Mr.Farris said...

Makes you think what Barkley says about the thunder is almost true he has repeatedly said we need to play defense as well as offense. In this game it proved to be true.