March 3, 2011

Thunder Crush Pacers, But....

Up by 19 in the 3rd quarter, Durant drives to the whole, gets fouled by Tyler Hussleborough and sprains his ankle in the process. This is the only blemish on an otherwise excellent performance put on by OKC last night.

When you shoot better field goal, 3 point, and free throw percentages, outrebound, and out-assist your opponent, you put yourself in a position to be very successful. With Nazr in the starting lineup, I got a chance to form a first impression. After the first few minutes, naturally, I was optimistic. His defense on Hibbert kick-started a 10-0 Thunder run to start the game. He should prove to be a good back-up when Perkins returns.

James Harden is playing at a higher level more consistently. Having realized this, my diet has consisted of mainly crow. I'm glad because dogging him really took it out of me. Daequan Cook has raised his 3p% to 40%. I'm guessing this is what Presti had in mind when he plucked him from Miami. I'm happy for the guy and hopes he can provide our bench with a consistent threat from beyond the arc and make shots in key situations.

I don't know what it is, but I have a burning hatred of Jeff Foster.

While I'm glad Cole Aldrich is finally getting a chance to grow and learn the game, he needs to learn to stay down on pump fakes. I swear 3 of his fouls were caused by getting caught in the air following a pump fake. Daequan Cook even made a gesture to him late in the game reminding him to stay down. A minor issue but something that happened frequently.

Serge Ibaka has double digit rebounds in 4 of his last 5 games. This coupled with his ability to erase shot attempts is such a nice change from Jeff Green. Only time will reveal the difference Serge brings to the game, but hopefully the win column will also reflect something positive.

Overall a fun game. The defense got the transition game going allowing the athleticism of our team to shine. Call me a homer, but watching our team run a fast break pulls me out to the edge of my seat every time. When you have a number of guys capable of throwing it down in transition, it makes for a spectacle worth watching.

Also, Darnell Mayberry has a story regarding Durant's injury.

Here is the box score courtesy of ESPN.

Next up: @ Atlanta Hawks, March 4th at 6:30 pm CT.

1 comment:

allisonrathgeber said...

I don't know much about sports...like at all....but I enjoy reading what you have to say!

High Five!